[lugm.org] Vidcast on The latest Mozilla firefox vulenrabilities, and the Enterprise world of IT in Mauritius

Ronny R. redoverlord at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:30:54 UTC 2015

Hi all

Thing is now: there are 2 types of sysadms

1. take care of internal network
2. take care of servers.

Devops would say they do both, but this is not true,
Its the jack of all trade thing, so it ends up "master of none"

So when accepting a job as sysadm, ask the employer, which section you will
be, else you will find yourself maintaining rewrites in apache, tuning
mysql, but also replugging the power cord of the secretary computer.
If at least she was not 80kgs, shaved legs, it would be acceptable, but....

Cheers

Ronny