[lugm.org] The FCC wants to prevent you from installing OpenWRT or any 3rd party firmware

Jheengut Pritvi z.coldplayer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:09:18 UTC 2015

First :

*Thats old news
<https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2339684/fcc-router-nprm.pdf>*

Secondly,
 How does an amendment from FCC disturb us here in Africa. FCC amendments
should be confined to usa only, not AFRICA.  Most routers do not originate
from usa, which make and model do come from usa , can you advise us on that
topic.

Thirdly,
there are routers sold with openwrt, so how do they classify those routers?

Fourth,
can't we make our own open hardware routers using FPGA and/or ASICs?

Or using  Realtek RTL2832U http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr

Fifth,
when are you paying for the beer for the seventh release of NetBSD
<https://www.netbsd.org/>.

On 8 October 2015 at 21:55, Loganaden Velvindron <gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> It is thus harming my work on fixing bufferbloat in Africa and Mauritius.

Do you consider  Mauritius to be out of africa????