[lugm.org] World Telecommunication & Information Society Day 2015

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Mon May 18 16:39:15 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I represented the Linux User Group of Mauritius at the NCB workshop as
stated in the email sent earlier by Nadim.

It was a good moment to raise awareness about the Linux User Group of
Mauritius and I got to meet people whom asked me questions about the group
and activities. I gladly replied.

I have blogged the "day as it happened" on hacklog.in[1]. The same will
appear on lugm.org shortly.

Highlight of the day was the TCI Minister showing a keen interest on open
source and his mention of Ubuntu during his speech. I also engaged with the
Executive Director of the Mauritius Research Council regarding the National
High-performance Computing Center. I could not meet him afterwards to have
details though. I guess he left shortly after his presentation.

[1] http://hacklog.in/world-telecommunication-information-society-day-2015

Regards,

--
​Ish Sookun