[lugm.org] Linux System Administration

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Thu Apr 3 09:04:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

Linux certification will indeed be a plus, especially LPIC as the exam
standard is set quite high. 1 year of Linux experience depends on how you
spent that year, as User or Administrator. As a user I'd say you are maybe
advance at GUI tools. As an experienced admin you'd be expected to master
several command line utilities. LPIC-1 will test your knowledge of the
Linux architecture, package management, mastery of the command line etc.

Without proper preparation for the exam, even years of experience might not
help you pass through. I'd recommend practical lab sessions alongwith some
rigorous preps through the LPIC syllabus.

Cheers!

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
*  |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*