[lugm.org] Android - HTC Desire

Yasir MX yasirmx at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:55:08 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

Since android is open source, I though I might seek help from lugm (ignore email if this is question is irrelevant).

I just received an htc desire which is bootlooping.  I went through all threads pertaining to this issue on forum.xda-developers.com

I even took a day off from work.

1. If ever I remove battery from phone, put it back and power it again, it will enter a bootloop.
2. If I remote battery and put it back and wait for 1 hour, it will boot normally. (I seized this opportunity to S-OFF my phone using revolutionary)
3. If I enter bootloader and Select recovery phone will bootloop again (no clockwork recovery menu available).

Things I've done so far:
1. fastboot erase system
2. fastboot erase cache
3. fastboot erase recovery
4. fastboot erase hboot
5. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

i used clockwork 2.0.5.7 for recovery  but phone still bootloop when i go to recovery.

I used RUU 2.29 froyo stock rom  and flashed phone but no success.
I used RUU 2.32 gengerbread stock rom but flash fails and phone says 'PU Failed' - Partition Update failed.

Phone Info:
Radio:>5
Boot ver: 1.0.93
S-OFF

If phone boots normally, I can get a shell through adb.

At this point, are there any useful commands which you guys can tell to resize parititon?

This is tiring like hell