[lugm.org] Fwd: [FTF-Legal] Mildly GPL related case in Supreme Court of Mauritius

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:13:33 UTC 2011

The defendant is and still will end up guilty, for he signed a
confidentiality agreement most probably, but point is the gpl is wrongly
used in this case, and can this later be used as a reference?

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Ajay R Ramjatan
<ajay.ramjatan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From what I understand, the defendant was contracted to work on some
> code for Linux Solutions. The defendant decided to publish the code
> without the consent of the employer.
>
> If that's accurate, the defendant was doing a "work for hire" and  was
> in the wrong to release the code.
>
> It does not seem to be a case of a customer buying a PABX product from
> Linux Solutions and then changing/redistributing GPL code
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 18:46, Aadil Noorkhan <aadil at lavabit.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I agree with Ronny: we are not lawyers and not expert in FOSS licences.
>  But
> > we should have a better understanding of those licences than most people
> and
> > should point it to the law, while remaining neutral.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Aadil.
> >
> > On 6/28/2011 6:40 PM, Ronny R. wrote:
> >>
> >> we can also make the applicant aware that we are keen to help the
> >> defendant

> that
> source

> ftf-legal-bounces at fsfeurope.org>

> 90's
> where

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n* *
101 Bullit Lane

Louisville KY 40222

ext: 6595 | phone: n/a | mobile: +1 502 295 5009
email: pcthegeat at gmail.com || god at hackers.mu
fb: http://godifiy.me
msn: pc at hackers.com
blog: http://thegodof.net || http://blogged4ever.com
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.