[lugm.org] Fwd: [FTF-Legal] Mildly GPL related case in Supreme Court of Mauritius

Ajay R Ramjatan ajay.ramjatan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:00:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

>From what I understand, the defendant was contracted to work on some
code for Linux Solutions. The defendant decided to publish the code
without the consent of the employer.

If that's accurate, the defendant was doing a "work for hire" and  was
in the wrong to release the code.

It does not seem to be a case of a customer buying a PABX product from
Linux Solutions and then changing/redistributing GPL code

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 18:46, Aadil Noorkhan <aadil at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I agree with Ronny: we are not lawyers and not expert in FOSS licences.  But
> we should have a better understanding of those licences than most people and
> should point it to the law, while remaining neutral.
>
> Cheers,
> Aadil.
>
> On 6/28/2011 6:40 PM, Ronny R. wrote:
>>
>> we can also make the applicant aware that we are keen to help the
>> defendant
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Ronny R.<redoverlord at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> hello
>>>
>>> my opinion is that
>>> 1. we are not lawyers
>>> 2. sending a letter to the court is of no use as we dont have any locus
>>> standi