[lugm.org] BSD is dying says committers

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 20:03:36 UTC 2011

Yup, that i read mosto f the freebsd-arch post from the mailinglist some
time now, and well it seems we are in deep shit!

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Loganaden Velvindron
<gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Check out:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2011-August/011412.html
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2011/08/22/msg008819.html
>
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=131454397819769&w=2
>
> This is something I've been seeing for a long time.
>
> I've tried all 3 BSDs, and honestly they all suck to varying levels.
>
> OpenBSD sucks the least :-)
>
> Seriously, Linux is backed financially, and marketed aggressively.
>
> FreeBSD has some wealthy sponsors, but it's much smaller than
> Linux, and with time, many will migrate to Linux.
>
> NetBSD has money for targetted developement projects, but globally,
> it's still not enough. However, NetBSD is rapidly expanding in
> terms of developer base.
>
> OpenBSD progress has been slow since DARPA pulled the funding.
> There is enough money to keep running the architecture, and organizing
> developer event, but that's it.
>
> Sad state of affairs. BSDs have some really good code & the engineering
> is better than Linux.

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n* *
L'escalier

mobile: +230 49 24 918
email: pcthegeat at gmail.com || god at hackers.mu
contact: http://godifiy.me
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.