[lugm.org] Workshop on OSS for Enterprises: Licensing, Standards and Legal Issues - 11-12 May 2017 at Le Meridien

Jheengut Pritvi z.coldplayer at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:34:09 UTC 2017

Hello,

The Open Source Team of the NCB invited some of the members to a Workshop
on OSS for Enterprises: Licensing, Standards and Legal Issues.

The team has also requested the participants about how they intend to start
using OSS as from Monday following the workshop.

I replied about the Linux Installfest and Open Data.
I explained the idea of a local FLOSS distro during the workshop.

I would your opinion about the role of the LUGM in Mauritius and whether
you are satisfied about how the LUGM is involved in the society, academia
and the economy.

Lately, I feel a session around types of licenses and licensing is becoming
important especially when a Free Open Source Society for Mauritius (FOSSM)
is
is being set-up by the Government of Mauritius to advise on the adoption of
OSS guidelines, policies, standards and inter-operability frameworks.

Cheers
Pritvi Jheengut
Geek at Slackware
facebook/pritvi <https://www.facebook.com/pritvi>