[lugm.org] Infotech 2016 | Open Source Corner

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.mu
Fri Sep 30 06:21:18 UTC 2016

Hi Girish,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Girish <girish3430 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about we put open source on the map and have a computer on Ubuntu or Mind or Foss that people can actually try.

We've done that in the past events (Infotech, Installfests etc) and
yes it works! :) Ajay already volunteered to bring his gears (laptop,
rpi etc) this year. I won't be free during that period of December to
be able to help at the Infotech stand but I'll try help with other
stuffs that can be done much earlier (say October).

> What do you guys think? Any good?

Yup. Yup. That's good and already on the plan. There will definitely
be a demo of Kodi (on the rpi possibly) and we'll have a couple of
Linux ISOs (Ubuntu/openSUSE/Fedora etc) to give to people. Some prefer
the ISO while others prefer a live USB after having watched and tried
"Linux".

Cheers,

--
Ish Sookun