[lugm.org] Event to Get more students to contribute to Linux and Open Source Software

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 16:40:25 UTC 2016

Hi folks,
I'd just like to let you know that Hackers.mu will be present in UOM to talk about Google Summer of Code, and inspire more students to become open source developers rather than (only) users of Open Source, around the 23rd or 24th of this Month.

I will speak from my experience as a participant in Google SoC. Also, I will talk about hackers.mu and the how Selven and I managed to build the first group of Linux developers in Mauritius, with code in Linux kernel, iptables, mariadb, tarsnap, GDB, screen,  and many more critical pieces of Linux.

Also present is Nicolas who will talk about his experience as a mentor for Google SoC.
Kind regards,//LoganC-x-C-c