[lugm.org] Exec meeting meetup next week

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Mon Sep 14 12:48:54 UTC 2015

Hi Logan,

I think we need to meet in order to commit on these. I am not free this
week-end though.

Avinash

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Loganaden Velvindron <gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to invite the members of the executive committee for another
> online meeting concerning
>
> 1) The review/overhauling of fees (3 more people want to pay membership
> fees)
>
> 2) Restructuring of the LUGM organization. It's important to realise the
> diversity of interests. Some people like Performance, others like Security,
> while others like to write code on Android. Quite a few like doing websites
> using Open Source frameworks. Some are more interested in IoT such as
> flying drones, RPI, and others. I propose that once we invite members
> formally, that we create sub-groups -- or working groups -- similar to the
> IETF, and designates "team leads" for each of those subgroups. In my
> opinion, that would reduce reliance on 1-2 persons only to do
> presentations. So, we rotate presentations each 2 months if we have 4
> "Working Groups". That's a major change, but based on my observation, I
> think that it would help to diversify our group, which has traditionally
> focused on Infrastructure topics.
>
> 3) Aggregating blogs that talk about Linux meetups. So far, only myself
> and Ish. This needs to change, especially if we are moving towards point
> (2). We have people like Nayar and Irshaad who talk about Linux meetups. We
> need a quick and fat-free way to aggregate those blogs.
>
> 4) Website revamp. Let's face it, we can do things better to attract the
> corporate sponsors, like having a dedicated section, and also, maybe make
> the theme a bit more nice.
>
> 5) Creating of an online chat forum. A lot of people hate fb messenger.
> Others are scared of whatsapp and viber due to privacy concerns. Some think
> that IRC is too old. I propose to create different channels based on the
> structure of (2) on telegram, and try to increase synergy for getting
> things done in the different "working groups". Telegram also values privacy
> of users.
>
> Kind regards,
> //Logan
> C-x-C-c

*Avinash Meetoo*
*Founder and CEO of Knowledge Seven*

Call me on 5493-9394 (Mobile) or 427-9225 (Office)
I am on my portal <http://www.avinashmeetoo.com/>, LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/avinashmeetoo>, Twitter
<http://twitter.com/AvinashMeetoo>, Google+
<https://plus.google.com/+AvinashMeetoo> and Facebook