[lugm.org] Exec meeting meetup next week

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 04:52:45 UTC 2015

It's equally possible to do both. 1 for a summary statistics of the LUGM meetups, and another 1 for your personal impression.
I don't quite agree with your statement concerning LUGM reputation not strong enough: RedBox Digital has made an offer, Nbon Systems (Curepipe) also made an offer, and I think that more are on the way.
I put up a call for presentations for the 26th. If you have something to present, please say so publicly, and we will take care of the Hosting and the Internet.

     On Sunday, 13 September 2015, 17:28, "z.coldplayer at yahoo.co.uk" <z.coldplayer at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

 On Saturday 12 September 2015 20:35:05 Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
> 3) Aggregating blogs that talk about Linux meetups. So far, only
> myself and Ish.

which linux meetup in mauritius did you blog about?

I would prefer the lugm website to host the official linux meetups that
happened.

Linux meetup have been rare this year and those I organised have had a
small number of people attending.

I am now part of three more groups with which I need to manage my time.
Yesterday itself I attended three meetups plus a party in the uom
campus.

The biggest problem facing Linux meetups have been finding a proper
place to host them. The LUGM reputation is not strong enough to warrant
a hosting place. Other place have been too pricy.

How long can we continue to host meetups in classrooms, are we kids?
Lecture theaters would have been better.

The ebene accelerator, the place which was an ideal hosting place is
rumoured to be closing down and is currently not available.

Resuming: There are good hosting places around but either they need to
paid or the lugm reputation is not enough to warrant the hosing place.