[lugm.org] Exec meeting meetup next week

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 12 20:35:05 UTC 2015

Hi guys,
I would like to invite the members of the executive committee for another online meeting concerning
1) The review/overhauling of fees (3 more people want to pay membership fees)
2) Restructuring of the LUGM organization. It's important to realise the diversity of interests. Some people like Performance, others like Security, while others like to write code on Android. Quite a few like doing websites using Open Source frameworks. Some are more interested in IoT such as flying drones, RPI, and others. I propose that once we invite members formally, that we create sub-groups -- or working groups -- similar to the IETF, and designates "team leads" for each of those subgroups. In my opinion, that would reduce reliance on 1-2 persons only to do presentations. So, we rotate presentations each 2 months if we have 4 "Working Groups". That's a major change, but based on my observation, I think that it would help to diversify our group, which has traditionally focused on Infrastructure topics.
3) Aggregating blogs that talk about Linux meetups. So far, only myself and Ish. This needs to change, especially if we are moving towards point (2). We have people like Nayar and Irshaad who talk about Linux meetups. We need a quick and fat-free way to aggregate those blogs.

4) Website revamp. Let's face it, we can do things better to attract the corporate sponsors, like having a dedicated section, and also, maybe make the theme a bit more nice.
5) Creating of an online chat forum. A lot of people hate fb messenger. Others are scared of whatsapp and viber due to privacy concerns. Some think that IRC is too old. I propose to create different channels based on the structure of (2) on telegram, and try to increase synergy for getting things done in the different "working groups". Telegram also values privacy of users.

Kind regards,//LoganC-x-C-c