[lugm.org] Linux meetup Summary (real-time security & Heartbleed)

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 12 12:17:31 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,
A few stats:30 people present. 4-5 joined very late.4 remote participants (Selven, Keshav, Jens, Ish, Lunchmun), with Nitin handling the remote participants. (Thanks a LOT Nitin & Shaan who provided me with a fast phone for doing the Hangout)

25 questions from 9 participants.
0 submission for the Heartbleed challenge.

-Talked about benefits of membership.
-I started with basic TCP/IP-Then, talked about the SSL/TLS protocol-Heartbeat extension explained-Heartbleed vulnerability explained.-Using netfilter/iptables to block Heartbeat extensions, and drop malicious traffic.
We started at 12:20 and finished at 13:54.Around 13 people later had lunch togethter for about 1 hour.
Overall, it was a fun meetup.
Guys, It's time for other people to prepare topics for the next meetup. I already have Bufferbloat + SSL security going on.
There are slots available till the end of the year as we are aiming for a presentation. Please feel free to shout about what you would like to do :)
Kind regards,//LoganC-x-C-c