[lugm.org] Minutes of the exec meeting (Draft)

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 10 17:12:37 UTC 2015

Members who attended the exec meeting: ronny, ish, KN, nadim, avinash, Pritvi (joined at the end) and myself.Absent: Ajay (with excuses) & Nayar (with excuses).

On Thursday, 10 September 2015, 21:10, Loganaden Velvindron <gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Dear All,
Here are the minutes of the exec meeting that took place at 8:00 pm and ended at 9:05 pm.
-Infotect event:Our first idea is to demo a RPI.
We will make the demo as varied as possible to touch different audiences. Ish will apply for leave on 2 days to lead the project, and Nayar will be invited to participate. We would like to make a call for volunteers to help us for the booth on those days. Ish will send a letter to JCI concerning the RPIs that we could use on that day.
Ideas that we want to demo:packet sniffing (possibly myself).Avinash Meetoo suggested gcompris for kids.

-FundingWe agreed that we cannot keep digging from our individual pockets for travelling, food and equipment for LUGM related events. Avinash suggested to look into the benefits of each individual membership type, and see how it will benefit the different members: students, professional & companies.
Ish suggested allowing benefits for members such as the ability to mention that they are members of the LUGM on their CVs.
Avinash suggested enlarging our views, and trying to use funding to invite speakers like Linus Torvalds to Mauritius.
I got a corporate member who is interested in bufferbloat and would like to become a member. I will liase with Ajay regarding how to handle that membership fee.

-AoB:We have one additional member who is willing to offer a hosting venue in Curepipe, which is quite nice, as it has internet, and around 8 seats.

Ronny said that RedBox digital can offer a venue up to 16 people with a nice room and Internet.
Action items:Nadim & Logan to notify registered members and send a call for volunteers.
Reply to the mail in case I missed/changed something.
Kind regards,//LoganC-x-C-c

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://discuss.lugm.org/pipermail/discuss_discuss.lugm.org/attachments/20150910/aeb3ab29/attachment.html>

More information about the Discuss mailing list