[lugm.org] Increase visibility of our events

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 07:24:08 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,
1) Ish and I blogged about the bufferbloat Linux meetup. Nayar also blogged about it. I think that anybody who blogs about our meetups should be syndicated to increase our visibility.
http://nayarweb.com/blog/2015/codel-intro-by-loganaden-velvindron/

2) Remote participation is getting interest from Mauritians currently not residing in Mauritius. I think that if this works out well, we should consider making that mandatory for our next meetups. That would also increase our requirements for the hosting venue: Projector, Internet. I have an electronic drawing board which works fine on Linux. Easy to draw the explanations and diagrams for remote participants. Irshaad suggested doing a live streaming on youtube. I'm considering doing that for the next event.
3) Nirvan & Nitin suggested creating awareness of our efforts: Bufferbloat & upcoming router fest. I agree that it's a good idea. I asked Nirvan if he can put a flyer/banner for the next meetup on the 12th on Real-time security and detecting famous security issues like Heartbleed.

Any feedback on that ?
Kind regards,//LoganC-x-C-c