[lugm.org] Upcoming meetup

S Moonesamy sm+mu at elandsys.com
Thu May 29 09:24:18 UTC 2014

Hi Nadim,
At 16:06 28-05-2014, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>There are many things to write; I don't know where to start :-(
>Sorry for not doing the analysis in a structured and consistent way...

It is still a good analysis even though it is not structured. :-)

>Defimedia.info is hosted on a server in Dallas. I've done some
>performance tests using a server in Kansas City ! Results, not good
>at all (what about Mauritius ?) :

Are there any web hosting companies in Mauritius?

At 10:58 28-05-2014, Irshaad Abdool wrote:
>Regarding the website (am speaking here of defimedia.info), of
>course it's unacceptable that such a website has such a slow loading
>and sometimes crashes too. I commented several times on this issue
>but my comments fell in deaf ears. It's a matter of fact, that
>anytime there's a major News unfold in Mauritius, people turn to
>RadioPlus and Defimedia.info to be informed of the situation. So, my
>opinion is that Defimedia.info seriously and urgently need some
>optimization for faster loading and load balancing too.(The page
>failed to load when there's huge traffic - occured more than once)

According to the mailing list messages there are only three persons
living in Mauritius who find it inacceptable that a web site is so
slow.  It is unlikely that the web site would consider the problem as
serious or urgent.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy