[lugm.org] LibreSSL Call for Funding

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 17 16:43:01 UTC 2014

Dear All,

As many of you are aware, The OpenBSD project -- developer of OpenSSH, PF, OpenNTP, and other nice tools -- has forked OpenSSL, and aims to make a secure SSL/TLS toolkit available to the public.

One of the aims is to get a portable version so that Linux, FreeBSD, and other Operating Systems that would like to use LibreSSL. However, the process takes a lot of time and efforts. I've been involved closely in LibreSSL, and I have written a few patches. However, my hands are already full with working on OpenSSH, IPv6, BIND, NTP, and other Open Source projects.

I would therefore urge the local Linux/FreeBSD community to contribute money to accelerate the effort.
Please see: http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/donations.html

We hope that with enough funding, we can make LibreSSL portable, and you won't suffer from another heart bleed and spending your weekends patching all of your servers, network appliances, VMs, and HSMs ;-)

Kind regards,
//Logan
C-x-C-c