[lugm.org] Sponsorship for OpenBSD developer event

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 06:56:21 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

OpenBSD will be organizing a developer focused event possibly in Mauritius. We need sponsors as we're hitting some walls:

1) Cost of Hotel in Mauritius. Ideally, we would like to have a cheap hotel in Ebene or close to Ebene. It should be within walking distance. Henessy hotel is unfortunately very expensive.

There are 2 ways to solve this problem.

Either
A) Have a sponsor to fund the hotel accomodation in Henessy for a week.

or

B) Have a transport (mini-van) for transport between the cheap hotel and Ebene.
(Due to jet-lag, the hours will be odd, up to 3 AM in the morning).

What does the sponsor get out this ?

1) Credited on the OpenBSD page for sponsoring the OpenBSD hackathon.

2) Improvements to OpenSSH, LibreSSL, OpenNTP and PF. If you're a web hosting company, it's very likely that you use OpenSSH and OpenNTP in your existing infrastructure (CISCO, Linux, etc..), and if you want to avoid another disaster like Heartbleed, then funding the Hackathon will accelerate porting efforts for LibreSSL.

If you use PFsense/FreeBSD, then, you will also benefit from improvement made to PF, that later get ported to FreeBSD/PFsense.

Please let me as soon as possible,
//Logan
C-x-C-c