[lugm.org] Linux Training

Jochen Kirstätter lugm at ios.mu
Mon Jun 16 09:07:28 UTC 2014

Hi Ish,

Quite frankly, I disagree with this kind of (indirect) advertisment.

Why?
First of all, this would be like "buying" into the LUGM. The LUGM
already has the corporate membership level which could be used for that
but isn't really as far as I understood. I even got feedback that this
type of membership should be discontinued.

Second, there will be administrative work to be done to get the logos,
links and blah onto the LUGM website AND maintained. This also has to be
in compliance with the fees and expiration/termination of membership or
sponsoring.

Third, regarding Irshaad's suggestion about comments of previous
students - who guarantees those are genuine? The training institutes
usually have their testimonials on their sites. That should be enough.
If they cannot do it on their own, why should the LUGM get into this
business?

Just my 2 cents, JoKi

--
Kind regards.

Q. Why is top posting bad?

Learn how to quote properly: http://learn.to/quote

Get Blogged by JoKi - "The only frontiers are in your mind"
http://jochen.kirstaetter.name/ - http://www.ios.mu/