[lugm.org] Meetup on software licenses

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 28 13:03:23 UTC 2014

We can move NTP security for another meetup.

As for software licensing, I believe that it's going to generate a lot of questions.

On Friday, 28 February 2014, 16:33, Ish Sookun <ish at hacklog.in> wrote:

I agree with Nadim & Ajay. Purpose of the talk is to educate people about the uses of each type of license. That's why we said it shouldn't be a debate. Just a talk with a Q&A session.

I've updated the facebook event page as follows :

- Finalize date & pending stuffs for Corsair Hackers Reboot (sum-up by Ish Sookun)
- Talk on Software Licensing (By Ajay, Sælvøn and Logan)

Having a talk about Logan's contribution with NTP sandboxing support will be ok provided we do not exceed the meetup time of 2 hours with Q&A. Logan, do you think you can shoot a sum-up on that day? No need for presentation slides, maybe just a couple of code lines and explanation.

Cheers!

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.

  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello from Madagascar,
>The main idea of a meetup on software license was to talk about the diferent licenses (popular ones), their merits and diferences, where to use what license, etc
>Why are you diverting from the original idea ?
>Simply said, i don't know about licenses. Can u plz explain me, in simple words, about different software licenses.
>
>Nadim
>Tana, Madagascar

>IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode