[lugm.org] Software Licensing Presentation

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 28 10:33:10 UTC 2014

May I propose a technical presentation on University of Delaware NTP & the recent security improvements that we've been working on ?

On Friday, 28 February 2014, 2:40, Ajay R Ramjatan <ajay.ramjatan at gmail.com> wrote:

If you are in a position to speak about the legal side of software licensing, that too considering how laws differ in various parts of the world, I'll cancel my own talk about what we were originally talking about on the Facebook group. As I recall it, the discussion on Facebook was was about the different freedoms of the BSD and GPL licenses. I'll be more interested to learn more about the legalities for I am myself in no position to speak out as an authoritative figure on the legalities.

But in case we're doing the the short talk on the GPL and BSD licenses, I think we don't have enough material to fill up one meeting (well, I know I probably don't) so attendees should not expect something like an actual presentation. My thought was this would have been something extra to one of other meetings with a more interesting presentation, a bit like the OpenSSH 6.5 one.