[lugm.org] Software Licensing Presentation

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 05:38:05 UTC 2014

Software licenses and its implications :)

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:39 AM, Ajay R Ramjatan <ajay.ramjatan at gmail.com>wrote:

> If you are in a position to speak about the legal side of software
> licensing, that too considering how laws differ in various parts of the
> world, I'll cancel my own talk about what we were originally talking about
> on the Facebook group. As I recall it, the discussion on Facebook was was
> about the different freedoms of the BSD and GPL licenses. I'll be more
> interested to learn more about the legalities for I am myself in no
> position to speak out as an authoritative figure on the legalities.
>
> But in case we're doing the the short talk on the GPL and BSD licenses, I
> think we don't have enough material to fill up one meeting (well, I know I
> probably don't) so attendees should not expect something like an actual
> presentation. My thought was this would have been something extra to one of
> other meetings with a more interesting presentation, a bit like the OpenSSH
> 6.5 one.
>

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Loganaden Velvindron <
> gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> How about "Legal risks of copyleft licenses ?"
>>

>>   On Thursday, 27 February 2014, 13:59, Ronny R. <redoverlord at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>   IN
>> or +1
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM, John <johnally at eml.cc> wrote:
>>
>>  Copy that.
>>
>> --
>>  John
>>  johnally at eml.cc
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014, at 10:21 PM, Ish Sookun wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>>  Is 15th of March ok for the Software Licensing presentation? Venue will
>> be Ebène Accelerator, 13h00 - 15h30.
>>
>>  If ok for all, I shall create the event page.
>>
>>  Selven, Logan and Ajay, can you please send the titles of your
>> presentation? Or should I just name it BSD, GPL etc?
>>
>>  Cheers!
>>
>>  Ish Sookun
>>
>>  - Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
>>  *  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+*
>>  *  |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*
>>  *  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+*
>> IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode
>>
>> -- http://www.fastmail.fm - A fast, anti-spam email service.

>> IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

>> IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

>> IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n
L'escalier

mobile: +230 549 24 918
 <god at hackers.mu>
blog <http://thegodof.net> || fb <http://godify.me> ||
pgp<http://hackers.mu/pgpselven.txt>
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.