[lugm.org] Suggestions/Improvements - Linuxfest 2013 schedule

Yasir MX yasirmx at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 11:29:09 UTC 2013

Dear All,
I think this event was a success despite the fact that I was not present from the very beginning. I was present from 13h-13h30
The good things I noticed:- Ajay explaining open source to a group of students in lobby- Enough Lugm staff were present- Nirvan was there guiding people to go to the presentation hall- Selven backed nitin up when OS crashed
However some things to improve on:
- Do not schedule event while there are examsIn the morning there were around 100 students and around 13h there were like 20-30. I was talking to some friends about this event and all of them said they had exams on this day.
- Schedule interesting talks/demos in the first place.Nitin was there talking about kali linux/ethical hacking and there were only around 30 guys
- Be more demo-oriented rather than speech orientedE.g. Nitin was talking more about kali rather than doing more and more demo. His speech was slow
- Be More interactive.Ask the students if they use linux. If so, bring them forward to try out some stuff during demo...
I appologise if you guys did things I mentioned above because I was not there since morning....
Cheers,Yasir