[lugm.org] Press Coverage - Linuxfest 2013

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Mon Nov 18 19:01:42 UTC 2013

Hello Yasir,

Thank you for the initiative.

Well, to sum-up ... We're targeting most the younger population ...
students (small enterprises are most welcomed too). Most of the
presentations are geared towards the expansion of Linux & making it an
alternative to the traditional Windows desktop. We are also trying to
inspire students to get involve in the global open source community by
picking up projects & helping in. This could involve development, graphic
design, content writing or advocacy. This way we can put Mauritius in the
forefront as an open source contributor.

Our schedule of events is as follows :

   *Time* *Speaker* *Topic*  10h00 -- Introduction  10h10 Avinash
Meetoo Expansion
of Linux & Android in the world and particularly, Mauritius  10h30 Nitin
Bachraz Skills needed for a Unix System Admin & open source in our current
IT  10h50 Jochen Kirstätter Running Windows applications on Linux  11h10 Nirvan
Pagooah / Nayar Jolfoo MSCC & Development on open source platforms  11h40 Ish
Sookun openSUSE Project / openSUSE Advocate Program  12h10 Selven
Cheenaramen Still brewing …  12h30 Nadim Attari Linux Mint for daily
activities  12h50 – 15h00 Everybody Linux demos in the lobby
The "Linux demos" will comprise of PCs & Notebooks running various Linux
distributions. Attendees can thus try surfing, skyping ... watching videos
& music on Linux; to give them a feel of what's a Linux desktop.

We will distribute free copies of Linux distributions, so attendees can
bring pendrives (8Gb preferably) to grab them.

Lastly, all attendees will receive a "Certificate of Attendance" as a thank
you token.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh ... If you need a contact email
somewhere, put *ishwon at openSUSE.org* and I'll be happy to liaise further.

Cheers!

Ish Sookun

openSUSE Advocate (openSUSE.org)

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.