[lugm.org] LUGM Meeting

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Mon Jun 17 07:07:51 UTC 2013

Hello Nadim,

Thank you for feedback. You have some very interesting observations there.

I recall the Linux seminar we did in 2010 at UoM, where we showed people
how to install openSUSE. I personally received a lot of feedback then from
people who really went home with an openSUSE DVD and tried installing or
running live.

You're right that the presentation on Saturday was more-inclined on
technical side, with terms which were surely new to some.

I also agree with your points about presenting Linux in a fun & easy way to
newcomers.

@Selven & Ajay - Can we have a tutorials section on lugm.org? In the coming
weeks I'll be working on some screencasts in creole. We can publish the
same. I believe if we (of course when we're free) can start implementing
things right after we receive feedback, things will be easier.

Nadim, your observations are very good. It'll great if you do a
presentation with the Linux Mint examples for the next event. I think the
experiment you did with your cousin's PC can be something worth presenting,
I mean show people how someone totally new to Linux is now comfortably
using it without hassle.

Please keep us updated how arrangements are going on your side and how we
can be of help. Even if we don't have a date yet, we can contemplate on
ideas for the next big one.

​heers!
​

Ish Sookun