[lugm.org] Announcing a Mauritian tech forum

Vy-Shane Sin Fat shane at node.mu
Tue Dec 17 11:48:08 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

I believe that many of you will be interested in this announcement,
but if I'm out of line, do let me know. Unfortunately, it will be too
late to retract this email, but I'll feel duly chastised.

As a Mauritian expat living abroad, I've always wished that there was
a technology forum where I could discuss all things geek with fellow
Mauritians and keep myself updated with the latest ICT news from our
island. From time to time I'd check whether any had popped up, but
alas there seems to be none.

There's the LUGM mailing list of course, but email is a fairly
transient medium, and Linux is a high barrier to entry for more
mainstream users. I believe that a more general tech forum would also
serve Mauritian tech enthusiasts who aren't as leet a bunch as you
guys.

So I've put this thing online at https://www.binary.mu. It's a
bulletin board and I'm hoping that enough of you guys will be
interested that we'd be able to get something going. At this point
it's just me any myself on there. Take a look around, and if you think
that it's worth getting behind, join up, write a post or two and let's
start some conversations.

If you've feeling exceptionally generous, maybe help spread the word too.

https://www.binary.mu

Cheers,
Shane