[lugm.org] smartphone with decent keyboard for ssh

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 14:30:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm sick of the lack of '|' and other shell characters that are missing
on my Nokia C3 mobile keyboard.

I was thinking about an android phone. What I'm looking for is a android
phone that has decent keyboard for ssh (tabs, piping <,>,|) without voiding
my warranty with excessive hacking: it's fine to change a config to remap keys,
but I don't want to install some Linux ROM that has no source code, and possibly
a backdoor :-)

I came across Samsung Epic. Any advice from the local ssh pros :-) ?