[lugm.org] NetBSD hackathon on the way !

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 17:10:21 UTC 2012

Hello fellow loonix users :-)

I just wish to remind people that NetBSD (The OS which powers your
toaster) is nearing 6.0 release. There is still a lot of PRs left to close, and
help is welcomed.

Right now (From 10-12 of this month), We are organising a hackathon aimed at killing bugs.

You are most welcomed to test snapshots and send your fixes.

There are PRs related to documentation issues which do not involve C/Assembly skills.
e.g

http://gnats.netbsd.org/32844

IRC log:
(8:30:30 PM) loganaden: let's get drunk during the hackathon :-)
(8:32:29 PM) khorben_: and codename the release DrunkenBSD
(8:32:49 PM) loganaden: khorben_: drunkenfistBSD :-)
(8:33:21 PM) Snader_LB: NetBeerSD
(8:51:16 PM) mspo: loganaden: every time you close a pr everyone will drink a shot :)
(8:52:33 PM) _riz_: grrr, this is a bad time for nyftp to be down
(8:52:54 PM) sborrill: Shall we just drink shots anyway, then?
(8:53:17 PM) loganaden: mspo: ^^
(8:54:24 PM) _riz_: So I guess I should put up some snapshots

As you can see, despite the elitist attitude of the BSD developers, many are quite friendly :-)