[lugm.org] Android - HTC Desire

Arvind Doobary arvind.d at intnet.mu
Sun Apr 22 10:43:51 UTC 2012

Hello Yasir,

I had lots of bootloop problems with my phone (a Galaxy S, running
CyanogenMod 7.1) until I remapped the /datadata partition which was only
172MB and was getting full. I did an "adb logcat" while it was booting
to determine the problem. What fixed it for me was to remove the symlink
of /data/data which was pointing to the /datadata partition and
recreating the /data/data folder and chown it to u/g system.

I had a friend having a similar problem on his Desire and he got a
refund finally after many months of warranty diagnosis. Seemed to have
been a hardware problem.
On the other hand, I got a Desire S for my girlfriend and it's still
rock solid. Very good performance and hacking possibilities.

Cheers,
Arvind