[lugm.org] Re : University of Mauritius Head technician

David Hitillambeau stp_ecris_moi at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 20 07:40:39 UTC 2012

Hello all,
I have been following from a distance the mailing list and the activities of the group.  However for lack of knowledge on many subjects here, time (what we all call: motivation) and for the reason that I rarely use Linux now, I haven't participated much here.  However today I have a simple question at the end of this mail concerning sed, but it's not my intention to hijack this thread.

As Avinash pointed out, I do believe that inspiration & passion is what we are missing here:  The system and society do not instil the sense of vocation whenever it's time to choose a walk of life.

Having the chance to complete part of my studies in an IIT in Bangalore, I have noticed that the creation of a dynamic environment is what works best in nurturing passion and inspiration.  Among many factors which help in achieving that, in my opinion the most interesting one is the massive participation of the private companies in setting up activities and projects for the students.  From what I've experienced, these were "real" projects which challenged the students and pushed them forward.

Here goes my question concerning sed (I'm totally rusted).
I need to output the exact opposite of what this command outputs, but I can't figure it out (btw, it is multiline):

sed -n "/^CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE.*/,/.*END.*\;/p" in.sql

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Regards,
David HITILLAMBEAU
Beau Bassinmy music: http://myelinoperation.blogspot.com/ 

More information about the Discuss mailing list