[lugm.org] University of Mauritius Head technician

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Fri Apr 20 04:37:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 16:29, selven <pcthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:

> :p :p :p

Hi all,

I've realised a few things over the years:

   - the development of a country depends a lot on the level of education
   of its citizens
   - education does not mean succeeding at exams: it means having the
   skills to solve problems creatively
   - there are three kinds of lecturers (and two of them are essential):
      1. those who inspire
      2. those who coach
      3. those who can't neither inspire nor coach
   - a lot depends on the student. He/she needs to have
      1. passion
      2. conviction
      3. tenacity

I believe universities have a major role to play. I dream of a university
with lectures who inspire and coach and with passionate students, focused
on achieving great things and willing to put in the efforts that are needed.

For the time being, we very very far from that.

Avinash

--
*Avinash Meetoo**
**Managing-Director of Knowledge Seven*

Call me on 493-9394 (Mobile) or 464-7446 (Office)
I am on my portal <http://www.avinashmeetoo.com/>,
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/avinashmeetoo>
, Twitter <http://twitter.com/AvinashMeetoo>,
Google+<https://plus.google.com/112364749894178405575>