[lugm.org] University of Mauritius Head technician

Mohammad Nadim Qaadiri Razavi Attari nadim.attari at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:56:22 UTC 2012

On 19 April 2012 12:52, Jerry Lee <arag.mx7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In regards to educational system that only care about making money, I
> think that's the same thing around the world. That's not just in Mauritius

+1 - Everywhere it's the same : mass-produce for industrialisation.

Here in Mauritius, we can see many universities and campus cropping up
lately. Are we producing quality or quantity (one graduate per house
policy) ?

It's not one graduate per house, but in the next decade it will be one
frustrated degree holder per house - simply because when there'll be many
graduates (BSc, BA, B.Engg holders), it will be difficult for firms to
choose from them during recruitment. These firms will simply prefer MSc/MA
holders... Degree holders will be frustrated, no work with a degree in hand
! Then the same will happend to MSc/MA holders..

One graduate per house policy is just bullshit, imho.

*Mohammad Nadim Attari*
Skype: nadimattari
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nadimattari