[lugm.org] IT

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:46:38 UTC 2012

Simple answer, the system should produce problem solvers!

Complex answer, the system must first of all show to children the beauty of
all fields, the good and bad part of each particular job, don't make the
choice for those kids, let em want to be what they want, there's nothing
wrong in someone wanting to be a painter, or a mechanic! If those kid
starts to think like this, we have already done the hard part, filtering
who wants to do what.. as in really wants to,.. then we can focus on fixing
the way we teach stuffs, because then you can rely on the student to do
their part of "questioning things".

+$3|v3n

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:30 AM, bbnadim <bbnadim at intnet.mu> wrote:

> On 19 April 2012 09:52, selven <pcthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What the heck is going on here. Stop judging people.
>>

> Agree. Let's talk about the system without taking names, nor post (eg the
> technician who sit at the top of the roof) because eventually we'll know
> who he/she is.
>
> Let's talk about the education/training provided in our field, IT, in
> Mauritius.
>
> Is theory enough to land in the IT job market ? Is learning how for
> example a binary search works enough ? If no, then why fresh graduates are
> not well prepared to face the job market ?
>
> Are our system producing "slaves" ("lakeer kay fakeer" -- someone who
> understand urdu/hindi plz translate this, i can't find a good one) or
> should our system produce problem solvers ?
>
>  +selven
>>

> Nadim

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n* *
L'escalier

mobile: +230 49 24 918
email: pcthegeat at gmail.com || god at hackers.mu
contact: http://godifiy.me
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.