[lugm.org] University of Mauritius Head technician

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:30:04 UTC 2012

:) Well, legally they can do that i believe.

But at the end of the day, this is a university, shouldn't the burden
of studying be on the student?

I really don't understand that point about a student always having to
claim the X lecturer is not good enough or not. Granted Avinash was an
awesome lecturer, still he couldn't do magic, if one was lazy and
didn't want to learn, the student is bound to fail the academic
system.

I don't know why but it seems many people tend to believe that
education needs to be fed into the brains of students when in fact, it
is the student that SHOULD be digging up the information and find seek
his answers, the lecturer is supposed to be just a guide where if one
is stucked can just query his opinions or if is in the wrong path get
guided a lil bit by the lecturers.

The Freaking way of "depending" on someone to learn makes humans more
like hard disks rather than processors, what does happen the day the
student ends up in a situation where he is all alone with a problem
and no one is here to guide him? He does what, claim that the world is
not documented enough????

:) I preferred and still do, to never believe in anything, yet taking
everything into consideration and then question the reasoning and
sanity of the person who first came up with anything i am currently
reading ... including taking into consideration the circumstances he
was in. I never really excelled at getting great marks while doing
this, but i always ended up knowing what i was doing with a pretty
good confidence,

So students should sometimes just learn to stfu about ranting about
how good and bad lecturers or staffs are. :D Rant about the food on
campus and beer not being available on a campus or stuffs that
matters!

Trying to make an ideal environment for rote learners isn't what
student should be fighting for....

just my two cents!

+$3|v3n