[lugm.org] Linux on the desktop got a long way to go

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 02:25:17 UTC 2011

XKCD summarises it all again :-)

http://xkcd.com/963/

________________________________
From: Avinash Meetoo <avinash at noulakaz.net>
Sent: Friday, 7 October 2011, 7:33
Subject: Re: [lugm.org] Linux on the desktop got a long way to go

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 20:35, selven <pcthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:

:) so yes :p whatever is being done microsoft will copy whatever innovation people with good faith creates and then make money out of it.

To be fair, we have to Thank Microsoft... for cheap PCs (as I wrote five years ago).

We're fortunate that we, geeks, have so many choices now (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS X, etc.) It's unfortunate that the layman only has Windows, arguably the less "Bicycle for the Mind" one (this is from Steve Jobs).

Avinash

--
Avinash Meetoo
Managing-Director of Knowledge Seven

Call me on 493-9394 (Mobile) or 464-7446 (Office)
I am on my portal, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
Visit Knowledge Seven and associated websites

IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode