[lugm.org] Oracle db on debian 6 ia64

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 15:06:09 UTC 2011

Oracle is probably a C app. It should work 90% on any
POSIX system.

Also, it makes commercial sense for oracle to work on Linux. If you
have a client on Linux, with mysql and other services. It's going to
be more difficult to sell oracle, if it works only on Solaris.

However, I doubt they test it on anything but RedHat or SuSe.