[lugm.org] Visibility and awareness of LUGM

Jochen Kirstätter lugm at ios.mu
Tue Jan 18 15:14:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 18/01/11 16:12, thiery louison wrote:
> What is needed is quality articles, that is more oriented towards
> newbies. A place where new comers would not be afraid to ask question
> or or expose there failures. It should be a place where answers to
> questions would not be one-liners(RTFM or Google it).

That's why I came up with the idea to aggregate individual bloggers for
the LUGM website.
Take it as a start and see how it will work out.

Anyone read "The Bazaar and the Cathedrale"?
Literally, LUGM stands for the cathedrale instead of the bazaar!

> I personally believe that for a such a site to exist. it should
> organize events(Quarterly basis, School Holidays) such as install
> Festival, Boot Camps and many more.

Sure, but there are also individual interests of LUGM members to earn
money... So, there might be a dilemma...

--
Kind regards.

Q. Why is top posting bad?

Get Blogged by JoKi - "The only frontiers are in your mind"
   http://jochen.kirstaetter.name/ - http://www.ios.mu/