[lugm.org] IANA is out of IPv4 addresses

Nishal Goburdhan ndg at ieee.org
Sun Feb 6 11:32:54 UTC 2011

On Feb 5, 2011, at 1:04 AM, Ajay R Ramjatan wrote:

> Soon, we will see residential customers shoved behind large scale NAT
> infrastructure. Say bye bye to your peer to peer internet.

if you run/operate/have a measure of influence in a network, do you know about:
http://isoc.org/wp/worldipv6day/

...and have you started your planning to take part ? *

LUGs usually have the more clueful tech folk, so i'll ask:
* how many of you operate networks that still run v4 NAT and don't plan to change?
* how many of you are planning (or have done) inclusion of v6 into your infrastructure (network+services)
* how many of you have asked your ISP for ipv6 services?
(because, ISPs will always say that there is no customer demand until Real Users (you+i) start asking for it.)

if you're interested in ipv6 and are you're looking for regional discussions, subscribe here: