[lugm.org] linux dilemma part 2

Nishal Goburdhan ndg at ieee.org
Thu Apr 7 06:10:18 UTC 2011

On Apr 7, 2011, at 5:59 AM, kowlessur bhavish singh wrote:

> Hello again everyone
> I did talk about the radius server before
> I am using a cisco wireless router
> which has got an inbuilt radius server in that
> I am trying to make the LEAP configuration work with the local radius server
> However i am getting an error of validating authentication failed and
> command to ask me for username and password
> can someone help out with the configuration commands on the cisco
> router (it is a 1811 wireless series)

IOS doesn't contain a radius server;  you won't find that (built-in radius) in a wifi AP or router.
there are many ways to get RADIUS working.
without knowledge of your topology, you're best served by looking at generic examples here:
see:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/scfrad.html
and here:  http://wiki.freeradius.org/Cisco

--n.