[lugm.org] check this weirdness out

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 11:08:55 UTC 2010

Use the sync flag for your freebsd desktop machine.

I don't know which editor you use for your php files, but mine (emacs)
makes a copy of each file I edit as a backup. (and this has helped me twice !)

Incidently, I've migrated from freebsd back to GNU/Linux on my personal file
server. One day after a reboot, the freebsd server reported that I had less than 1 Gb of free space on a 250 Gb hard disk ! du showed that I used around 160 Gb. Where
did the 90 Gb go ? I ran fsck and the problem still didn't go away.

Sure the system is clean from a user-perspective, but underneath, it's a totally
different story. I followed the recommendation of certain ppl to use freebsd
for servers, and I've got to say,
 it's a decision I still
 regret to this day.

To people out there wondering what to choose between freebsd and GNU/Linux,
save yourself the trouble: go for GNU/Linux. I will save you hours of frustration.

//Logan
C-x-C-c