[lugm.org] Conference/InstFest 2010

Jochen Kirstätter lugm at ios.mu
Mon Mar 8 07:26:39 UTC 2010

Hello altogether,

just to put it into this thread, too:

I can offer a complete Ubuntu (9.04, 9.10 and upcoming 10.04) mirror
with PXE boot and pre-seeded installation.
If time allows, I might add additional distributions like Novell SuSE or
CentOS.

Avinash Meetoo wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM,  <aadil at lavabit.com> wrote:
>
>> Since we didn't get the opportunity to discuss this topic at the last
>> meeting, I suggest you start a new email thread in the mailing list to
>> debate the proceedings of such an event.
>>
> Now, the way I see things is that we should have an InstFest during
> the whole day (bring your PC/laptop and we'll put Linux on it.) Of
> course, we'll need Google access for troubleshooting issues and
> downloading drivers etc. (winmodems anyone?)
>
> In parallel, I can imagine a number of 30m-1h talks on various topics
> (open source, Linux, technology in general, the Internet, etc.)

Sessions on various topics are really nice.
I could contribute presentation(s) on installation and configuration of
samba (beginner and advanced topics).

> Do you know where we could get such a venue: a large room for the
> InstFest with decent Internet connections and a smaller room for the
> talks?

What about UoM or UTM?

Leave internet connection as a requirement for the location.
With a gateway/router connected via 3G modem you do not need this. You
can go online almost anywhere.

Maybe it is interesting to get in touch with Emtel or Orange for
sponsoring internet connectivity.

Another service that should be provided is "DVD/CD burning" of either
Install- or Live-CDs.

Sincerely, JoKi