[lugm.org] Conference/InstFest 2010

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Mon Mar 8 06:04:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM,  <aadil at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Since we didn't get the opportunity to discuss this topic at the last
> meeting, I suggest you start a new email thread in the mailing list to
> debate the proceedings of such an event.

Hi Aadil,

You're right. The mailing list is ideal for this kind of discussion.

We talked a number of times about organising a one-day conference /
InstFest in 2010.

Now, the way I see things is that we should have an InstFest during
the whole day (bring your PC/laptop and we'll put Linux on it.) Of
course, we'll need Google access for troubleshooting issues and
downloading drivers etc. (winmodems anyone?)

In parallel, I can imagine a number of 30m-1h talks on various topics
(open source, Linux, technology in general, the Internet, etc.)

Do you know where we could get such a venue: a large room for the
InstFest with decent Internet connections and a smaller room for the
talks?

Avinash

--
avinash at noulakaz.net - http://www.noulakaz.net/ - (230) 493-9394

Those who fail to understand C++ are doomed to reimplement it. Better. [Jez]