[lugm.org] The LUGM website is Live

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Tue Jun 23 18:58:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Dilraj Mathoora <dilraj_m at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> That's been a really good news! Cheers to LUGM!!
> And congrats to those who made the website up and running in this short
> amount of time.
> As we can see, there are people who are serious and who're working :P
>
> Thanks Ajay for hosting facilities, Avinash for making the thing (blog)
> work and Dominique (and Avinash) for your interesting articles :)

Thanks Dilraj. Don't forget to regularly contribute. Thanks to Dominique for
his excellent articles :-)

One important thing we need to settle on: categories vs tags. In my opinion
(and I may be wrong), I think that we should use only a few categories (if
at all...) For the time being, we have:

* Article = for all articles on Linux and OSS that we write

* Meeting = anything related to meetings (announcements, slides, etc.)

* Tip = quick (technical) tips & tricks

I think this is adequate but we may of course add new ones when needed.
Notice that categories all start with a capital letter.

Tags on the other hand should be plentiful and should normally start with a
small letter for consistency.

Opinion?

Avinash

--
avinash at noulakaz.net - http://www.noulakaz.net/ - (230) 493-9394

Those who fail to understand C++ are doomed to reimplement it. Better. [Jez]