[lugm.org] Fwd: March 2020 | Elastic Community News

Jheengut Pritvi z.coldplayer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:14:47 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elastic Community <community at elk.elastic.co>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 10:00
Subject: March 2020 | Elastic Community News
To: <z.coldplayer at gmail.com>

Elastic Stack 7.6 released, plus supervised machine learning updates. We
hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there.
[image: Elastic] <https://link.elastic.co/c0P33ObM0eBA2RpMj0sjp00>

*MARCH UPDATE*

Hi there,

We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there. Elastic founder and
CEO Shay Banon has been posting updates on the actions we are taking in
dealing with the COVID-19 situation
<https://link.elastic.co/s0kp2eR0sABk0M3OPb30p0M>, in the hope of helping
others, as well as letting our community understand its impact.

In the meantime, please continue to check our blog page
<https://link.elastic.co/GRA0Mp30slPlM0pe0230bBO>, Twitter feed
<https://link.elastic.co/impM0BARbme00p023sO3M0P>, and the Elastic Stack
Community Slack channel <https://link.elastic.co/JA3eMO0nRM0Bnps3pb002P0>
for updated information. And please take care of yourselves and others!
------------------------------
Featured webinar

Introduction to supervised machine learning in Elastic
<https://link.elastic.co/DMoP30o0MAs00p2ReB3b0pO> — Introducing data frame
analytics for supervised machine learning, which let you build your own
models using built-in regression, classification, and outlier detection
jobs. See how to build a model and use it for real-time streaming data via
the new inference ingest pipeline.
------------------------------
What we’re reading (and listening to)

32+ funny code comments that people actually wrote
<https://link.elastic.co/upB200sAPe0p3p03pbOMMR0> — Because everyone can
probably use a bit of levity right about now.

DevOps roadmap <https://link.elastic.co/TqBMp0b0R003sAq32ePOpM0> — An
interesting, step-by-step guide for DevOps or any other operations role.
The site also has cool roadmaps for frontend and backend developers.

Invest like the best: Go slow to go fast - software building and investing
with Chetan Puttagunta <https://link.elastic.co/a0332e0ROM0s00rMrABpPbp>
(podcast) — This one is a bit more financial-focused, but Chetan offers
great insight into the details of building and growing new software
businesses.

*Elastic Stack content*

Using Redis as external scoring source for Elasticsearch
<https://link.elastic.co/LOP3MA00R3sp2Mssb0e0p0B> — Ever wanted to use data
from external systems to influence scoring in Elasticsearch? This plugin
uses Redis to rescore top ranking results in Elasticsearch.

In-depth guide to running Elasticsearch in production
<https://link.elastic.co/I0R2tMs0ePbtBp3O0p0AM03> — It’s pretty much what
the title describes: a detailed look at Elasticsearch in a production
environment.

Better URL search with Elasticsearch
<https://link.elastic.co/iupM0BARbue00p023sO3M0P> — How trivago uses
Elasticsearch to better search URL query components present in their
logging files.

How to migrate from Elasticsearch 1.7 to 6.8 with zero downtime
<https://link.elastic.co/uvB200sAPe0p3v03pbOMMR0> — A thorough overview of
a migration with difficult constraints like zero downtime, no data loss,
and zero bugs.

Cageyjames & GeoBabbler - Finally Elastic
<https://link.elastic.co/CAb00w0we2pM0Bps3O3RM0P> (podcast) — A GIS and
spatial technology-themed podcast. In this episode, they delve into
Elasticsearch and Elastic Maps.

*Notes from our devs*

Elastic Stack 7.6 released <https://link.elastic.co/NA00xMOp002RbpM3xBP0s3e>
— Read up on the latest improvements to the Elastic Stack, and to our
Enterprise
Search <https://link.elastic.co/Ap2y0PMA30BpRbO00e0y3sM>, Observability
<https://link.elastic.co/CAb00z0ze2pM0Bps3O3RM0P>, and Security
<https://link.elastic.co/wAsMBPpMe0030bRA20O3A0p> solutions.

Automate all the things: Terraform + Ansible + Elastic Cloud Enterprise
<https://link.elastic.co/VsAB203ppR0M300MePObBB0> — Make getting started
with Elastic Cloud Enterprise simple by automating everything from cloud
provisioning to ECE deployment with Terraform and Ansible.

A tour of Go concurrency patterns via the new Heartbeat scheduler
<https://link.elastic.co/rP0C0M3p3ACesBMRb02O0p0> — Heartbeat, the agent
behind the Elastic Uptime app, has a new high-performance scheduler written
in Go.

Discovering anomalous patterns based on parent-child process relationships
<https://link.elastic.co/UODb0PM0eA3Mpp03RB020Ds> — Using ML to discover
anomalous patterns helps to detect adversaries who bypass modern security
software through “living off the land” techniques.

How to create maintainable and reusable Logstash pipelines
<https://link.elastic.co/uEB200sAPe0p3E03pbOMMR0> — Reduce, reuse, recycle
(code). Learn how to create modular components for your Logstash ingest
pipelines..
Elastic forums: Issues and discussion

Unfollowing indices when leader is gone
<https://link.elastic.co/tpMb3O2pMs0eF03BAP000RF>

How to include given documents to my query that DON'T match?
<https://link.elastic.co/Y0pPp3GBb00Os023eAM0GMR>

Field aliases vs. copying into ECS-compliant field names
<https://link.elastic.co/UOHb0PM0eA3Mpp03RB020Hs>
Elastic Training: Expand your Elastic know-how

Register now for upcoming Elasticsearch virtual training
<https://link.elastic.co/Y0pPq3BBb00Os023eAM0AMR> happening in time zones
worldwide. Our virtual classes connect you with live, expert instructors
and provide the same hands-on learning experience as our classroom
trainings. Get an all-access pass to all our virtual and on-demand classes
with an Elastic training subscription
<https://link.elastic.co/jOAA0R3eM20Ps3bBMpz0q00>.
Elastic careers: Work with us

We’re growing fast — come join our cluster. Browse all open positions
<https://link.elastic.co/lpAOI000eRsb3M3pP0B0I2M>.
Elastic meetups: Get together

As noted in Shay’s blog post about COVID-19, we’re continuing to look into
ways to present more meetups virtually
<https://link.elastic.co/s0kp2eR0sABk0M3OPb30p0M>. Check our Community page
for upcoming virtual meetups
<https://link.elastic.co/Q0pM0sA0MJ3eO2BRp30JPb0>.
Elastic dialogue: Keep in touch

Seen any compelling Elastic Stack content you’d like to share? Please fill
us in <https://link.elastic.co/BR03KM3MB000P2pA0sKebOp> — and we’ll do our
best to publish it in an upcoming newsletter.

As always, we welcome and encourage your feedback. You can reach us any
time at community at elastic.co
<https://link.elastic.co/Xpe0bLA2B300MpPsO03RML0>. Like what you see?
Forward this email and share the goodness.
[image: Elastic] <https://link.elastic.co/c0P33ObM0eBA2RpMj0sjp00>

© 2020 Elasticsearch B.V. All rights reserved.

Elasticsearch is a trademark of Elasticsearch BV, registered in the U.S.
and in other countries / Trademarks
<https://link.elastic.co/uMB200sAPe0p3M03pbOMMR0> / Terms
<https://link.elastic.co/kM2Ne0B30pb03ApOsR0NP0M> / Privacy
<https://link.elastic.co/MB3M2O0sMpPRp00Oe0bA0O3>

Apache, Apache Lucene, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, HDFS and the yellow elephant
logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States
and/or other countries.
<https://link.elastic.co/K00OPMA20epP3Ppsb3RB0M0>

We're sorry if you didn't like our vibe. Here's where you can go to
unsubscribe <https://link.elastic.co/u/Xpe0bnA2B300MqPsO03RMm0>. (Your
email is: z.coldplayer at gmail.com
<https://link.elastic.co/dcu/EKIE5cYP4yTAB46ro5DbnTpmy-HFXVO8vMx2cKbqCbk=/tpMb3O2qMs0eo03BAP000Rn>)