[lugm.org] Collaborative DNS Hackathon

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 17:25:37 UTC 2019

Dear All,

On behalf of the cyberstorm.mu team,

I'm reaching out to Internet end-users, developers, Enterprises and
ISPs. We are currently working on a DNS hackathon to fix a security
problem which was identified in this draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonica-intarea-frag-fragile-03#page-16

We could call it a day by sending our code to upstream projects.
However, there is currently a lack of consensus, and some pending
tests in different environments. We would therefore welcome operators
feedback. Indeed, it's slightly tricky for us.

We got some really good feedback during AFPIF. Nishal pointed out that
the cyberstorm.mu should collaborate with the local operator
community. This is an attempt to see if it works out.

So this time, the cyberstorm.mu team would like to go further by
working with DNS operators in Mauritius so that the Internet
Infrastructure is more secure. Therefore we are reaching out to
interested organizations and individuals to see If there is
1) Corporate Interest to make DNS more secure to customers.
2) Commitment to fix a single DNS issue.
3) Feedback on some of our patches before we make them public.

[There is an article on ict.io in french:
https://ict.io/dns-flag-day-2020/ for  readers]

Please indicate your acceptance by filling this etherpad page with
your name plus affiliation. Before we get into logistics discussion,
we would like to see if there is strong interest. Our target is to get
this done on a Saturday.

https://etherpad.net/p/dvmLSFI6VV