[lugm.org] Fwd: [seL4] The seL4 Foundation is coming!

Jheengut Pritvi z.coldplayer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:33:17 UTC 2019

Great news

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Heiser, Gernot (Data61, Kensington NSW) <Gernot.Heiser at data61.csiro.au

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 10:13
Subject: [seL4] The seL4 Foundation is coming!
To: devel at sel4.systems <devel at sel4.systems>

Re-post from announce at sel4.systems regarding the seL4 Foundation. We’ll
start recruiting members soon.

Gernot

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Announcements about seL4 -- low volume list <announce at sel4.systems>
*Subject: **[seL4 Announce] The seL4 Foundation is coming!*
*Date: *25 October 2019 at 17:09:30 AEDT
*To: *"announce at sel4.systems" <announce at sel4.systems>

Dear seL4 community,

With great excitement we announce that we are in the process of setting up
an seL4 Foundation, similar to foundations for other open-source projects,
such as Linux and RISC-V. This will form an open, transparent and neutral
organisation tasked with growing the seL4 ecosystem. It will bring together
developers of the seL4 kernel, developers of seL4-based components and
frameworks, and those deploying seL4-based systems. Its focus will be on
coordinating, directing and standardising development of the seL4 ecosystem
in order to reduce barriers to adoption, raising funds for accelerating
development, and ensuring clarity of verification claims.

This was originally announced at the seL4 Summit in the US last month. I
apologise for the delay in this posting (side-tracked with various issues).

Gernot on behalf of the Trustworthy Systems team