[lugm.org] UUID issue - Changing

Bhavish K arunmoi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 01:18:36 UTC 2017

Hello people.

Hope you are all doing good and enjoying life wherever you currently based
in the world.

Question from me.

We use vmware in our environment and the best way to create machine is to
clone a previous one.

We cloned few RHEL6 boxes - even though the MAC and IP address are the
same, it has created the same system UUID across the machines.

We have support subscriptions with RedHat, however the machines are not
registering because of the same UUID on the subscription portal.

Is it possible for us to change system UUID without affecting operations on
machines- RHEL6/7?

--
Regards,
Bhavish (Arun)