[lugm.org] Off topic : Lost Java Skills

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Fri Sep 30 02:58:31 UTC 2016

Nicely said.

And don't forget that people generally need to deeply understand frameworks
when programming. For Java, this might be Android, Java Enterprise or
Spring. That's the way to become productive.

Underlying these frameworks are a number of fundamental principles such as
object-oriented design, testing, inversion of control (dependency
injection), MVC (model/view/controller), etc. which also need to be
taught/learnt/understood.

So it's quite a journey to learn programming now as opposed to learning a
programming language. But it's immensely fun and satisfying ☺️

Avinash